So tonight I decided to put some Yann Tiersen on. Or, to be more precise, I decided to listen to piano music in general. For me, this kind of music is more than pleasure to my ears. It's inspiration, it's feelings, it's memories, thoughts that even a simple scale of notes can carry. It's magic, how it happens. Listening to this kind of music and being all creative and..maybe..a bit depressed. Because writers and poets are primarily depressed people, too sick and tired of life and its games. But there's hope. Sometimes.
The track that I chose to listen to is called "Sur Le Fil". It's taken from the soundtrack of a very beautiful movie, "Amelie". For some people, Amelie is merely a romantic movie. For me, and maybe others, the movie doesn't aim to communicate a simple love story, but the appreciation of beautiful moments, the adventure that can exist in a rather routinary life (especially the life of a Western citizen), the happiness hidden in deceivingly unimportant things - which we sometimes fail to see, and tend to search for it in the wrong places.
Sur le fil is "On the wire", in english. I did not know what it means, since I never learned French in my life, but I asked some YouTube people and they told me the exact translation in English. The depressing and melancholy melody along with its rather mysterious and feeling-evoking title made me think.
There are moments in life when we feel like we're walking on a wire. A wire which can break and throw us to the ground, kill us or maybe save us,take us to other side, justify our choices, make us see things we never saw. Walking on a wire means that everything is fragile; if you make the correct choices, you will keep walking, if you make the wrong choices, you'll fall, and maybe you won't have the ability to come back and fix it all.
There are moments in life when we feel like we can't go on. Should we keep walking on the wire, or let ourselves fall? Should we continue living a boring life, or change it all? Should we continue living in a bad relationship, or break up and accept the consequences of our actions? Should we study hard to enter the university, or do something else and disappoint our parents?
Life is based on choices. When you're on the wire, you have to choose. Choose whether to walk hastily and fall or walk slowly and make it to other side, choose whether to stay in the middle of the wire or make it to the end of it, choose whether to abandon the wire and fall off or stay there and keep fighting until you reach the edge of it. It's all a matter of choice. You choose, you enjoy or suffer. Everything is fragile when you're up there, on your own, deciding over your life, without anyone guiding you.
I am not an advice-giver, because I am rather frustrated and depressed person, but one thing I can guarantee you about is that our choices shouldn't be affected by third-party people. Only we know what is best for us and only we can decide. Do not let people intervene in your life and make you become something you've never wished for. Better regret things you have done rather things you haven't done. Fact.
Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:
Δημοσίευση σχολίου